KEX Design + Build is a dynamic and growing design firm. We provide creative architecture, interior design and planning services for residential, commercial and public space projects. Our goal is to creatively address a number of social, economic and environmental challenges through design.
We are looking for a talented project architect for our residential and public space projects. The position is part-time with competitive salary and benefits.
The position is located in New Orleans. Relocation not provided. Women, people of color and local applicants strongly encouraged to apply. Please include a link to your portfolio when applying.
- Translate the program, scope, and design vision into exceptional design concepts
- Participate in client meetings, presentations, and community meetings as needed
- Committed to social change through design and architecture
- Self-managing and prioritizing tasks to accomplish project requirements while meeting the design budget
- BA/MA degree in Architecture.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills. Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people skills, strong work ethic, keen attention to detail, great attitude and passion for good design
- Solid understanding of ADA, MAAB, FHA, energy codes and other applicable codes
- Ability to lead, manage and coordinate with project teams, clients, consultants, technical leads and deal with municipal authorities regarding the project’s design and construction
- Has a complete understanding of construction documents, building materials and systems, solid methods of construction and administration and the integration of building services, structure, core and building envelope elements
- Understands and coordinates technical issues relating to sustainability and energy conversation
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability for internal and external project teams
- Easily adjust to fast paces work environment if required to meet project goals
- Proficient in 3D modeling
- Thorough knowledge of interior and exterior building systems and ability to produce technical details
- Master’s degree preferred and 2+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of ADA, MAAB, FHA and other applicable Codes
- Construction administration experience and knowledge of construction methods
- Proficient in Revit Modeling, AutoCAD drafting skills, SketchUp, Adobe CC, Project management software and Keynote is required
- Excellent people skills and positive attitude
- Multifamily and large-scale mixed-use experience is a plus
- Urban redevelopment experience a plus
- LEED Accreditation a plus